This job is no longer available
Position – Clinical Supervisor
Salary - £31,634 - £32,000 pr rota
Hours – Part Time 3 days per week with alternate Saturdays at another clinic in the region (travel expenses will be covered)
Location – Reading, Berkshire
My client is a marketing focused, results oriented social enterprise. They develop efficient, effective and sustainable family planning programmes in the UK and overseas. The UK division provides services to men and women over 130,000 times a year.
They are looking for an experienced and focused Registered Nurse to join their centre in Reading as a Clinical Supervisor.
In joining their busy centre you will become part of a multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Administrators all working to provide informed choice to all those seeking support.
- To provide supervision to the nursing team and clinical operations whilst maintaining active clinical participation in the provision of care to clients.
- Lead on changes in clinical practice and actively support the clinical lead with any other initiatives as necessary
- Monitor and improve standards of good practice, safety, service and client care.
- Ensure clinical areas and equipment are safe, maintained and assist in the induction and familiarisation of team members into these areas
- To work clinically in areas of the service both as an active team member and in a supervisory capacity to new or developing team members.
- To participate in the training and development of the team in managing emergency situations and to take a lead role in the management of any emergency situations as and when they arise.
- In the absence of the clinical lead to be accountable for the safe and efficient running of clinical services.
- Monitor and reinforce standards of clinical care, correcting or improving performance where appropriate
- Monitor and reinforce standards of documentation, ensuring own practice and those of the team are compliant with internal policy and NMC/GMC standards of documentation. Provide mentorship, support and coaching to team members in achieving competence, KPI’s, and in maintaining CPD requirements
- Maintain own standards of competence, CPD requirements and achieve KPI’s in own objectives
- Work with the Operations Manager and Clinical Lead to monitor clinical list times, implementing changes accordingly to ensure smooth implementation of client flow identify team needs, both permanent and sessional; organise rotas and cover for nursing and medical teams ensuring registration requirements are met
- Deputise for the Clinical Lead in participation at meetings/liaison with stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Clinical Lead brief team on a regular basis (medical and nursing, sessional and permanent) and ensure understanding of all local and corporate issues
- Develop and implement good nursing practices in line with organisational ethos
- Organise and run development activities for nursing and medical team members
- Participate in the induction of team members ensuring competency and development plans are monitored and standards met within set timescales
- motivate, train and coach team members and provide feedback on performance to individuals
- Carry out team member appraisals and follow up on training and development outcomes
Ideally you will have:
- Worked within a nurse led environment
- A keen interest/experience in sexual and reproductive health/gynaecology
- Proven experience of leading and motivating others
- A dynamic and proactive mind set coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- RN1 Registration
- Nursing Degree (or willingness to study towards)
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) including grade C English and Maths)
- Recognised Teaching/Assessing Qualification
Experience & Skills
- Extensive post-qualification experience
- Experience of supervising/leading a team
- Experience working within a results oriented environment
- Proven experience within a high volume patient/client setting
- Some time spent in a customer service environment - preferable
- Experience within family planning or sexual and reproductive healthcare (desirable)
Experience of managing own patient case load within any of the following clinical areas: outpatient clinics/minor injuries/day surgery units / acute services/ community services including experience of delivering any of the following
- Treating small injuries
- Helping with minor operations done under local anaesthetic
- Health screening
- Diabetic clinics
- Family planning
- Running vaccination programmes (e.g. against flu)
- Running programmes (e.g. weight loss, stop smoking, drugs/alcohol abuse)
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org