Recovery Nurse, Theatre Practitioner
Position - Recovery Nurse, Theatre Practitioner
Number of Positions - 2
Location – Hampshire
Salary – Dependent upon experience
Hours – Full Time
My client is a private hospital based in the Hampshire area; they are currently looking for experienced ITU nurses to join their existing team. It is an acute care hospital, registered for 66 beds and caters for a variety of clinical specialities on a routine, emergency/urgent basis. The hospital has recently undergone a £7m development including an additional Operating Theatre, Critical Care Unit, Physiotherapy department and Hydrotherapy pool.
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Assemble, prepare and check the appropriate recovery equipment, consumables and drugs to ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during the immediate post operative phase of care
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during the immediate postoperative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Assist the Anaesthetist during the immediate postoperative phase of care as and when required.
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the phase of care, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Administer drugs and fluids in accordance with the appropriate policy
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consultant satisfaction
- Patient satisfaction
- Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157 alternatively please email email@example.com