This job is no longer available
Role - Senior Registered Practitioner-Anaesthetics
Location – Berkshire
Salary – £25k - £35k
My client’s hospital has 78 beds, a dedicated day care unit as well as a 2-bed HDU unit. They are currently looking for a Senior ODP in Anaesthetics.
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in HR activities
- Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetics and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list and in the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic.
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and in the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed, where appropriate commence the investigation.
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff providing advice and support to others
- Enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies within the patients perioperative phase of care
- Participate in the employee selection process including the interviewing of potential candidates and induction of newly appointed staff.
- Assist in the performance monitoring and sickness management process ensuring all team members are aware of what id expected of them
- Make the theatre manager aware of business improvement opportunities, be they via improved workforce planning or resource management. Ensuring existing resources are used to maximum effect
- Assist in the allocation of work to others, which makes optimum use of colleagues’ abilities while providing learning opportunities.
- Actively contribute to changes in practice and policies when the need for change has arisen, which may follow an audit, complaint or newly issued guidance.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consultant satisfaction
- Patient satisfaction
- Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
- Management qualification
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157 alternatively please submit your CV to email@example.com