Theatre Registered Practitioner - Scrub
Role - Theatre Registered Practitioner - Scrub
Location – Berkshire
Salary – Dependent upon experience
My client’s hospital has 78 beds, a dedicated day care unit as well as a 2-bed HDU unit. They are currently looking for a Scrub Nurse or ODP.
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
- Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate GHG policy
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level.
- Act proficiently in the ‘circulating role’
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consultant satisfaction
- Patient satisfaction
- Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157 alternatively please submit your CV to email@example.com