This job is no longer available
Private Nurse – Channel Islands/International – Live in/Permanent
- Have you considered working in a private Nursing capacity?
- Are you an open-minded highly skilled nurse with a medical/surgical background, with experience in areas such as A&E, ITU, HDU or CCU? With a minimum of 5 years post registration experience.
- Your primary role is the care of one individual, however you will be expected to provide care and support to a small island based community.
- You will be required to use your skills and liaise with medical specialists in a variety of disciplines to facilitate the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of both chronic and acute medical conditions. A current advanced life support (ALS) course attendance is desirable.
- You will be responsible for booking and attending medical appointments, venipuncture, ECG interpretation, General nursing care with an emphasis on preventative health care and health promotion.
- The successful candidate will be working in a team of two and be responsible for the daily management of a small island based clinic as well as a vast amount of international travel. There is the potential for an acute medical emergency and would require quick evaluation, stabilization and evacuation to the nearest medical facility.
- This position is both dynamic and exciting. The role requires flexibility and a firm commitment. You will be expected to be on-call and available on a 24hr basis.
- You will require a valid passport, valid working visa, valid driving licence and current NMC.
- Salary £60,000 - £70,000, with attractive tax benefits.
- The successful applicant will be required to start a mentored 4-week probationary period as soon as possible.
- Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com