This job is no longer available
Due to an exciting period of growth we are recruiting for a Rapid Response Homecare Team Member. You will be providing a rapid, professional and responsive care service to all homecare clients by working as part of a small team to cover early and late shifts over a seven day a week rota.
You will need at least 2 years experience in healthcare delivery, and at least 1 of those must have been in a community care environment. You will have a minimum of level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent, and be a confident lone worker experienced in the delivery of high quality care.
Great jobs like this don't come around that often, so make sure you apply now!
Job Title: Rapid Response Homecare Team Member
Reporting to: Homecare Business Centre Manager
Location: Truro & Surrounding Areas
Salary: £16.5K per annum plus unsociable hours enhancements
Closing date: 16th November 2012, 17:00
Rota hours & benefits: Shifts: 7am till 2pm and 4pm till 10pm – rolling rota across 7 days (average 28 hours a week)
Rate of pay: £8.50 per hour for weekdays, £9.50 per hour for weekends / nights (paid monthly)
Annual leave: Equivalent to 28 days per annum (pro-rata to full-time hours)
Car: use of an expensed company car during working hours only
Mobile telephone: use of an expensed phone during working hours only
Permanent employment contract
Key Rapid Response Team Duties:
- To integrate new staff into new clients and ensure shadowing/competence
- To work with external bodies & Newcross Homecare Team to quickly assess and implement new or emergency care packages.
- To personally attend appointments as required throughout the region as a result of staff absence or to cover holiday
- To carry out formal staff supervisions on-site
- To take prompt action to address any shortcomings in care
Key Homecarer Duties:
- Assist in personal care as required i.e. washing, dressing, etc.
- Support Clients in their nutritional needs i.e. cooking and shopping.
- Meet emotional needs and ensure the clients are aware of the complaints procedure and understands how and where to complain.
- Support with medical regime, promote a sense of well being.
- Respect services user’s wishes and privacy.
Person Specification Essential
- Good standard of general education
- Minimum NVQ3 in health & social care
- 2+ years care delivery experience
- 1+ years care in the community experience
- Self-starter with high personal energy
- High level customer service skills
- Full driving licence
- Excellent team player, naturally helpful
- Good time management skills & ability to prioritise
- Previous experience in a ‘Quality’ working environment
- Previous recruitment experience
- Previous staff management experience