This job is no longer available
Registered Children's Nurse
The Alexandra Hospital, Mill Lane, Cheadle
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Cheshire is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
We currently have a permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week), Registered Children's Nurse vacancy within the Paediatric Unit at The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle.
· To assist in the assessment of care needs and development and implementation of programmes of care for paediatric patients.
· To help provide professional advice to others (colleagues/other departments) on matters relating to paediatric care.
· To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care.
· To provide a resource to ward colleagues.
· To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, families, employees and visitors.
· To ensure that high standards of paediatric patient care are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and national guidelines.
· To assist senior staff in effective ward and resource management.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Valid NMC registration
· RSCN or RN (Child)
· Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
· ENB 998 or equivalent
· Post registration course
· D32/33 NVQ Assessor’s course
· Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of hospital policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
· Articulate and knowledgeable about current health care issues.
· Evidence of competency in area of practice.
· Paediatric Advanced Life Support Provider.
· Have an understanding of the private healthcare culture and the different needs of children and their families in this environment.
· Proven experience in paediatrics
· Preferred private sector experience or surgical experience.
If you would like to launch or further your career in the private healthcare industry with a company that believes in exceptional patient experience, please complete our online application form and one of our staff will be in touch.
Closing date 08/11/2012