This job is no longer available
Healthcare Assistant (NVQ Level 3)
The Alexandra Hospital, Mill Lane, Cheadle
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Cheshire is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care
We currently have a vacancy for a permanent, part time (22.5 hours per week) Healthcare Assistant (NVQ Level III qualified), to work within the Consulting Suite at The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle.
To ensure delivery of a high quality service to patients, visitors, Consultants and staff in other departments, which meets CQC standards. To work alongside qualified staff and colleagues to ensure clinics run efficiently and effective communication is maintained at all times.
· To work alongside colleagues, consultants, clerical staff and other departments to help facilitate professional, efficiently managed, outpatient services.
· Maintain effective lines of communication at all times with consultants, colleagues and patients.
· Ensure incidents are reported, as per hospital protocol, and implement remedial action as advised or instructed.
· To act as chaperone when required and provide clinical assistance when appropriate.
· To answer telephones and respond to enquiries in a professional, helpful manner.
· To be familiar and competent using all computer systems including Ultra Gender, Medax and Maxims.
· To Unit Meetings, identify problems and have a proactive approach in resolving issues.
· Please see attached role profile for further information on the requirements of this role.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form.
Closing date 08/11/2012