Research Nurse Manager
Research Nurse Manager
£50,000 - £70,000 - dependant on experience
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare ,based in the UK, are recruiting for our esteemed client, based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase, the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital, that will provide world class, patient-focused, clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern, all-digital facility.
Research is central to the vision and mission our client. Their Clinical Research Centre (CRC) will contribute nationally, regionally and internationally to the improvement of health by supporting clinical research that impacts women’s and children’s health; from large scale epidemiological studies, preclinical studies, through phase I, II, III clinical trials, translational science arising on the back of these trials, and outcome research. There will be a strong emphasis on research into the key health care issues for the people of Qatar and the Gulf region.
The CRC will and provide clinical research guidance to biomedical investigators, staff and trainees including supporting and managing clinical trials portfolio. CRC staff will include a cohort of Research Nurses who will coordinate with other clinical staff to manage and support patient care during studies.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Research Center, the Research Nurse Manager will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of research nurses working within the Clinical Research Center (CRC) and working across a number of projects. The role involves using an in-depth knowledge of writing practical patient based sections of study protocols and other patient study documents. S/he must have a working knowledge and compliance with local, national and international research regulations and be able to advise on all areas of patient management.
The Research Nurse Manager will collaborate with the study teams and the wider multi-disciplinary teams in managing clinical trial patients and be able to clinically review study ideas and protocols for feasibility and care pathways.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current license to practice
- Current certification to provide BLS
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a clinical research nurse, with at least two years experience as a research nurse manager or equivalent in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, Northern/Western Europe, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Broad clinical practice and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage professional staff with a clear understanding of the professional issues relating to the guidance and management of staff
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to receive and impart information accurately to patients, relatives and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability in managing clinical research and clinical trials
- Knowledge and application of Good Clinical Practice in relation to research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Post Graduate qualification
- The Society of Clinical Research Associates Certificate
- Extensive experience of clinical research in feto-maternal health and/or child health
- Experience in start-up organizations and building teams
- Skilled in the implementation of clinical trials management systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory issues relating to the conduct of research
- Knowledge of Arab culture and health challenges in Qatar and the region