This job is no longer available
Aspetar, Qatar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital seeks an exceptional individual to lead, develop and enhance its Department of Nursing.
- Direct the department in delivering and exemplary standard of nursing care as expected with a FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence
- Provide decisive leadership, vision and operational direction in line with their plans for expansion of the department
- Daily supervision and direction of a nursing team, comprising 70 nursing staff, through five Nurse Managers
- Hire, promote, discipline and terminate direct reports in line with personnel procedures and Aspetar’s Human Resources Department
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Attributes:
- Comprehensive understanding of current global models of nursing care
- High attention to detail and promotes the highest standards of clinical care, professional conduct and integrity
- Comfortable working in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Possesses strong leadership characteristics, communicates succinctly and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organise and control nursing services
- Confident, self-aware, a positive outlook and understands own emotions, strengths and limitations
- A bachelor’s degree in Nursing & master’s degree in Health Administration (or related field)
- A minimum of ten years nursing experience (including hospital based nursing) and a minimum of four years supervisory experience
- Has experience working within an orthopaedic, sports medicine or equivalent clinical setting
- Experienced in writing policies and protocols within this setting
- Has experienced a process of change management/organisation transformation
- Current Nursing licence, relevant nursing accreditations and Emergency First Aid certification desirable
- An outstanding opportunity to join one of the world’s leading Sports Medicine Hospitals and the region’s first FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence
- An opening for a driven & committed leader with interest and/or experience in Sports Medicine
- The prospect of working with a truly international team of experts in Sports Medicine
Located in a state-of-the-art facility and staffed by some of the world’s leading sports medicine practitioners and researchers, Aspetar works to assist athletes reach their maximum potential and plays a pivotal role in exchanging knowledge in the sports medicine field.
The hospital is situated within the Aspire Zone, a modern multi-purpose leisure and recreation complex that has played host to many high profile sporting events. Aspetar is the first recognised FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence in the region and provides the medical services for the Qatar Olympic Committee, the Qatar Football Association and the National Sports Medicine Programme (NSMP).