This job is no longer available
Theatre Practitioner - Recovery (Maternity Cover)
The South Cheshire Private Hospital, Leighton, Crewe
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare's The South Cheshire Private Hospital has 32 patient rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has two theatres, a minor procedures suite and access to an intensive care unit through our close relationship with the NHS hospital at Leighton, whose site we share.
The South Cheshire Private Hospital has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner (Recovery) on a fixed term contract for 6 months to cover maternity leave.
· To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
· To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
· Assist in the delivery of patient care
· Contribute to quality improvement
· Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
· Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
· Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
· Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
· ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
Closing date 04/11/2012