This job is no longer available
Registered Nurse (HDU)
The Beardwood Hospital, Preston New Road, Blackburn
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare have a vacancy for two Registered Nurses (HDU) to work at our hospital in Blackburn.
BMI The Beardwood Hospital has 18 single rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. A seven bed day care unit and a high dependency unit, combined with the latest in technology and support services, enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery.
· To participate in the delivery of HDU care within the hospital.
· To liaise with Senior nurses to ensure adequate provision of HDU cover when required.
· To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the HDU and Ward nursing team
· To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
· Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care
· To act as a mentor and educator offering support and guidance for junior staff members and student nurses
· To actively participate in clinical teaching in the HDU and ward areas
· To participate in the induction programme for all newly appointed staff as required
· To participate in the programme of continuing education and training for all staff as required
· To ensure that the health and safety of all patients, visitors and staff in line with the hospital policies
· Report any incidents or accidents in line with the Health & safety policy
· To assist in other wards or departments as required
· To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
· To conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC “Code of Professional Conduct”
· To keep up to date with clinical and professional developments in nursing and to attend relevant study sessions in accordance with NMC PREP guidelines
· To undertake any specified training that is mandatory or relevant to the development of your role/service/hospital
· To be familiar and competent with all emergency procedures
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Teaching/mentorship qualification
· Post registration clinical course in HDU
· Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
· Aware of NMC code of accountability
· Proven experience in an acute hospital
· HDU/ITU experience
· HDU/ITU qualification / competencies ideal
· Must have recent HFU / IYU experience
Closing date 04/11/2012