Health Care Support Worker
The Behçet’s Syndrome Society (Reg. Charity No. 326679) is seeking to recruit dynamic “Health Care Support Workers”. We are recruiting for this vital role in two centres of excellence: Aintree Hospital Liverpool and Bart’s & the London.
The holders of these positions will be key members of the teams based in the three “centres of excellence” for Behçet’s Syndrome patients, yet will work from home and in the community. They will be highly motivated with experience in a community health care discipline. They will provide advocacy to the patients of the centre, an expert consultancy service for benefits advice and also signposting for other assistance organisations. The job holders must be driven and passionate about holistic care and be prepared to go the extra mile. They will be seen as ambassadors for the Behçet’s Syndrome Society and must always act as such to maintain the high reputation of the society.
The successful candidates will hold the following essential qualifications/qualities:
· Minimum, NVQ level 3 in health and social care or equivalent
· Experience of working with patients/clinicians within the NHS or private medical sector.
· Experience of working in the health care/social services sector, preferably in the community
· Good working knowledge of NHS working practices/systems
· Full driving licence
· Good working knowledge of State Benefits’ and Social Services’ systems
· High level of computer literacy
· Excellent administrative skills
· Excellent communication skills
· High level of personal integrity/confidentiality
· The job holder must be an excellent team player; yet be willing and able to work alone and unsupervised, taking decisions based on their own initiative, the well being of the patients always being paramount
· Willingness to undergo appropriate training as required
· An Enhanced CRB clearance will be undertaken
In addition: they will be highly motivated individuals who are prepared to ensure that the non medical requirements of the centres’ patients are fully addressed. To achieve this they will possess the following desirable qualities:
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends if required
· Willingness to adopt a flexible attitude to fulfilling the requirements of both the community and centre responsibilities
· Caring, compassionate attitude with an equal approach to all social, ethnic and religious groups
· Highly motivated with the ability to think “outside the box”
· Willingness to work from home and in the community which may entail significant amounts of travelling.
The job holders will report to the Behçet’s Syndrome Society Director. These are part time positions of 22 hours per week which will appeal to suitably qualified individuals seeking a satisfying, challenging role in patient care in the community.
Salary: Liverpool: £22k pa. Pro rata for 22 hours. London: £26k pa. Pro rata for 22 hours
Suitable applicants should submit their full C.V. with a covering letter describing why they feel they are suitable for this role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:-
Behçet’s Syndrome Society, 8, Abbey Gardens, Evesham, Worcs, WR11 4SP.