This job is no longer available
Position – RGN Night Nurse
Salary - £24k - £26k
Hours – Full Time – 38 hrs per week
To provide quality planned care for patients during their stay
To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Ward.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To periodically deputise for the team leader in his/her absence.
- Act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during their stay on the ward.
- Assist in development and maintenance of ward standards and participate in audit process.
- Ensure accurate documentation of patients’ care and progress maintained.
- Be conversant with and comply with local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
- Participate in the ordering and maintenance of ward stores and utilize effectively.
- Accept delegated responsibilities from senior staff in their absence and at other times as required, and co-ordinate the ward effectively.
- Perform any other relevant duties after a suitable training period in compliance with the NMC Scope of Practice and your sphere of competence.
- Ensure compliance with health & safety legislation.
- Document fully and inform management of any accident or complaint and ensure that steps are taken to prevent recurrences.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions throughout the year.
- Take responsibility in liaison with other staff for health & safety issues, e.g. infection control/COSHH.
- Ensure safe handling and maintenance of equipment.
- Store, administer and document all medications in accordance with hospital policy.
- Revenue capture.
- Link Nurse role in a specialized area.
- To do yearly update in mentorship training and mentoring students and new staff.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consultant satisfaction
- Patient satisfaction
- Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
- Ward standards audit
- Other audits
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
- Administration of Intravenous Additives
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157 or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org