Highfield Hospital - Rochdale - Lancashire
Competitive salary plus benefits
Permanent, Part time
BMI The Highfield Hospital, based in Rochdale, is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a Senior Radiographer/Mammographer to join our Diagnostic Imaging Team. This will be a part time vacancy to work 16 hours per week
The purpose of the role will be to provide a professional and clinically competent radiography service including general X-Ray, Mammography, fluoroscopic procedures, mobile imaging, theatre and OPG’s. Some of your main duties will include:
· To work with Consultant Radiologist and Breast Surgeon in delivering a high quality one stop symptomatic breast clinic.
· To use Hospital software systems, PACS and Radiology Information systems to enter patient details and retrieve relevant information.
· Ensure all imaging procedures are charged accurately in a timely manner in line with department/hospital/national guidelines
· Maintain personal CPD file
· Make bookings and prepare patients for radiographic examinations
· Participate in on call rota
· You will be required to have the following essential skills:
· Diploma of the College of Radiographers or BSc in Radiography.
· HPC registration.
· Strong proven post qualification experience
· Post-Graduation Certificate in Mammography
· Good range of General Radiographic experience
· Knowledge of PACS / CRIS systems
· Good communication skills
· Good organisational skill
· Confidence to work single handed
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced CRB check
Please note: This vacancy qualifies for the Refer a Friend Scheme.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form by clicking the 'Apply now' button below.
Closing date 02/11/2012