This job is no longer available
Highfield Hospital - Rochdale - Lancashire
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI The Highfield Hospital, based in Rochdale, is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a Ward Sister to join our Nursing Team.
This will be a full time vacancy to work 37.5 hours per week.
The purpose of the role will be to promote and maintain a highly professional and cohesive nursing team by providing effective leadership and to be pro-active in the support of the Hospital and its management.
Some of your main duties will include:
· Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with the NMC guidelines and hospital/corporate policies to provide high standards of patient care.
· Report any untoward incidents, errors and accidents to the Ward Manager or On call manager and complete any associated documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
· Liaise closely with RMO, Pharmacist, Consultants and other departments to ensure the highest standards of care are maintained.
· Be aware of the care quality commission standards and lead of the embedding of standards
· Participate in induction, training and supporting of all team members within the department and wider hospital complex.
· Participate in hospital performance review and development planning
· Promote good team relationships across all disciplines.
· You will be required to have the following skills:
· RN with strong proven post registration experience
· Strong proven surgical experience as senior nurse
· ILS provider
· Experience of HR and financial management
· Management experience
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced CRB check
Please note: This vacancy qualifies for the Refer a Friend Scheme.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form by clicking the 'Apply now' button below.
Closing date 02/11/2012