This job is no longer available
Role: Part Time Nurse (RGN)
Location: South Yorkshire – (Private Sector)
Hours: Permanent, Part Time
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 pro rata, plus company benefits
Pulse is proud to be working in partnership with a leading provider of independent healthcare, who have hospitals and clinics based nationally.
The Hospital has 77 spacious rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has four theatres, an endoscopy suite, a high dependency unit and an intensive care unit.
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a part time Nurse to join their team; you will work 15 hours per week.
- Reporting to the Senior Nurse / Clinical lead your role will be to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care and to work as part of the team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse and Sister in their absence
- Deliver high quality patient care, which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care
- Undertake clinical competency assessment of junior/support staff, within own qualification and remit
- Participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and it’s reporting as required
- Undertake delegated responsibility for senior staff during short periods of absence
- With appropriate training and support, take charge of a shift without direct supervision by the person with continuing responsibility
- Provide input to the review, update and implementation of policy and procedural changes within area of additional / lead responsibility
- Administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines and the companies policies and procedures
- Input to the development of the service / practice within area of additional / lead responsibility.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Demonstrable competence in Acute General Surgical and Medical
- First level Nurse licensed to practice by Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- 1 year post-registration experience within a surgical or Medical environment in the UK
- Relevant post-graduate qualification/course (desirable)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and caring disposition
If you are looking for career development, our client can offer you a wide range of clinical fields in which to specialise, with on going training and development.
Staff at the hospital benefit from a number of excellent company benefits such as:
- Competitive basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical healthcare and screening for all staff after one year’s service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internal development
- Free on site parking
If this role is of interest to you, please contact Melina Bolton on 0161 245 4453 or email Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com