This job is no longer available
Position: Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
Sector: Private Sector
Salary: £26,000 plus company benefits
Hours: Full time, permanent
Our client is part of a Leading Independent Group of hospitals, with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The hospital has 170 beds all with rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has seven theatres, a two theatre endoscopy suite, ten bed day care unit, 6 bed intensive care and seven bed progressive care unit.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- Support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manor
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning
- Admininister drugs and fluids to the appropriate company policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
In return for your expertise, our client is able to offer a highly attractive salary and benefits package and exceptional career development prospects
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453