This job is no longer available
Fantastic opportunity to work for the UK’s leading private healthcare organisation.
JP Recruit currently have 2 vacancies for Scrub Theatre Practitioners to join its expanding Theatre Department at a private hospital based in Kent. The hospital consists of 32 beds, 2 theatres and can provide High Dependency Care.
• Assist in the delivery of patient care
• Contribute to quality improvement
• Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
• Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
• Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
• Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
• Participate in HR activities
• Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetics and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list and in the immediate post operative phase of care, ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic.
• Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
• Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and in the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
• Administer drugs and fluids
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
• Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed, where appropriate commence the investigation.
• Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
• Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff providing advice and support to others
• Enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies within the patients perioperative phase of care
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to support and lead a team
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
• Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
An excellent package awaits the successful applicant, including competitive salary between £27,000 - £33,000 per annum with company benefits.
For further details, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on mobile 07825 000064 or email your CV directly to email@example.com
Alternatively, to apply on-line, please click on the link provided.
Please note, only UK residents with current eligibility to work in the UK need apply.