This job is no longer available
St Andrew’s Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist health care for men, women and young people with mental disorders and acquired brain injury. St Andrew’s Birmingham offers a variety of medium, enhanced low, low secure services and rehabilitation in step down/ rehabilitation wards to adults requiring mental health care and ASD services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Deputy Ward Manager positions, Band 6, for registered nurses RMN / RGN / RNLD who are keen to enhance their management and clinical skills.
The successful applicant will support the Ward Manager to provide quality care for individuals with mental health issues. As a key member of the team you should possess good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), and be able to lead and motivate others within the team. You should also be willing to work flexibly within a team. In return you will have the opportunity to join a great team working in a rewarding environment at our facility in Stirchley, Birmingham.
Applications are invited from motivated, registered professionals who should demonstrate the following attributes:
· Desirable to have experience of working in a secure environment and evidence of team management and budget control
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Evidence of continuing professional development
· Experience of initiating and developing good practice within a clinical setting
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of the workings/function of a multidisciplinary team
· Experience in working with challenging behaviours and developing strategies in dealing with these issues
· Extensive evidence of working with patients with a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder