This job is no longer available
Nurse Manager Paediatric Emergency Services
Tax Free Salary between £55,000 to £75,000 - Negotiable
Contract or permanent posts available
Based in Doha, Qatar
Benefits include tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
Premiere People International Healthcare ,based in the UK, are recruiting for our esteemed client, based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase, the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital, that will provide world class, patient-focused, clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern, all-digital facility.
The paediatric emergency room will have 53 patient spaces including 4 for critical care. Paediatric patients up to the age of 18 years of age will be seen in the ER with Level 1 trauma services being provided for children up to 14 years of age. The ER will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Treatments or activities performed will include, (but are not limited to) stabilization of compromised airway, endotracheal intubation with mechanical ventilation, foreign body removal, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, fluid resuscitation and management, stabilization of acute seizure disorder, fracture management and initiation of cervical spinal precautions, acute and chronic pain assessment and management, initiation of normothermia, sedation management, immunization assessment, comprehensive radiology and diagnostic imaging services, medication administration, decontamination and isolation, assessment and stabilization of acute mental health disorders, placement of chest tubes, ECG interpretation, facilitation of inter and intra hospital transfers, reporting and treatment of infectious and communicable diseases, and family health education.
Reporting to the Director of Children's Services, the Manager Paediatric Emergency Services plans, administers, coordinates and evaluates project plans for patient care associated with Paediatric Emergency Services and is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of policies and procedures in this area.
The Manager, Paediatric Emergency Services is responsible for the direction and evaluation of planning for patient care delivery in the Paediatric Emergency Services in collaboration with physician advisors, support services, IT services and other internal and external project stakeholders. The Manager Paediatric Emergency Services ensures that recruiting, commissioning, on-boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities for are carried out in accordance with project plans and timelines, which may extend into hospital operations.
- Masters in Nursing
- Current RN Licensure.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a nurse manager of Paediatric Emergency Services within a western academic medical centre
- Current PALS, ACLS Certification.
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Ability to use search engines and data bases for internet research.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate , timely reports.
- Strong group presentation skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience with clinical Information systems either as an end user, super user or build contributor.
- Clinical experience in North American or Western Academic Medical Centre.
- Familiarity with JCAHO, JCI and other accreditation organizations.