This job is no longer available
LEAD NURSE (RGN)
SECURE TRAINING CENTRE, COUNTY DURHAM
Hays Healthcare are recruiting for a lead nurse (RGN) to work in a Secure Training Centre (STC) in County Durham. The centre cares for up to 58 males and females aged between 12 and 17 who are either awaiting trial or serving sentences. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with the largest provider of custodial health within the UK.
The training centre looks after some of the most damaged and difficult young people in the country. All young people are under regular observation and are provided with an identified key worker and case manager (social worker). While in our care they are offered full health screening, individual treatment programmes, and a minimum of 25 hours of education per week. All staff are trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, to build relationships with and encourage young people to improve their coping strategies in times of stress and risk
The purpose of the role is:
- To be responsible for the day to day deployment and clinical management of healthcare staff to ensure the highest standards of patient care.
- To be responsible for health & safety and risk management in your contract.
- To be responsible for the effective management of the Healthcare centre and team in line with all relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote a high standard in the individualised care and safety of patients.
- To ensure that the professional and clinical standards of your team are met and upheld as appropriate and in line with relevant professional bodies.
- To work and liaise closely with all disciplines within the Healthcare environment, as required to provide a high quality service.
- Ensure continual professional development of all staff adhering to all mandatory training requirements..
To ensure integration with other health services both NHS and centre partnerships in line with existing and future recommendations and guidelines.
- To promote and implement the requirements of the Health Clinical Governance Agenda.
Contact me now to discuss the opportunities available in greater detail. And remember, if you have a friend or colleague who might be interested, refer them to us and earn yourself a £250 bonus.
For further information or to apply for the role please contact Alex Dawson on 0113 200 3705 or e-mail your CV