This job is no longer available
Nurse Manager - Paediatric Nephrology/Dialysis/Transplant Service
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare based in the UK are recruiting for our esteemed client based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital that will provide world class patient-focused clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern all-digital facility.
Reporting to the Director of Children's Services, the Manager - Paediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the Paediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant unit and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
Paediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant division includes a 16 bed inpatient Paediatric Nephrology and Transplant unit that will operate on a 24/7 basis, and a Dialysis unit of 8 procedure spaces.
The Nephrology cases will include (but are not limited to), end stage renal disease (ESRD), nephritic syndrome, acute glomerulonephritis, acute kidney failure hypertension, electrolyte disorders, vesicoureteral reflux and enuresis.
The Transplant cases will include (but are not limited to) transplantation of the kidney, pancreas, liver, intestinal, multi visceral, and islet cells using the latest laparoscopic techniques.
Dialysis: a designated outpatient dialysis unit within the unit will be utilized on an as needed basis. Peritoneal and haemodialysis will be offered. Inpatient dialysis and renal replacement therapy (RRT) will be offered within the critical care units as required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive management experience in Paediatric Nephrology nursing within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Post graduate certification in Paediatric Nephrology
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate , timely reports
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Paediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and ordersets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for JCAHO, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Demonstrated group presentation skills
- Ability to use search engines and data bases for internet research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
All applications for this position must be submitted before October 15th, 2012. Please contact Elliott Prince on 02476 555000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org