This job is no longer available
Senior Radiographer SYS-2817
Based at The Highfield Hospital, Rochdale
Full time 37.5 hours
BMI The Highfield Hospital, based in Rochdale, is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a Senior Radiographer to join our Diagnostic Imaging Team. This will be a full time vacancy to work 37.5 hours per week. The purpose of the role will be to provide a professional and clinically competent radiography service to all departments within the hospital. Some of your main duties will include:
- The day to day organisation and supervision of the department.
- To participate in and oversee a range of general and specialised procedures, maintaining high technical and patient care standards in a safe environment.
- To use Hospital software systems, PACS and Radiology Information systems to enter patient details and retrieve relevant information.
- Ensure all imaging procedures are charged accurately in a timely manner in line with department/hospital/national guidelines
- Maintain personal CPD file
- Make bookings and prepare patients for radiographic examinations
- To organise and Participate in on call rota
- To maintain stock levels whilst ensuring cost effective use of resources.
- To Liaise with external representatives and internal customers to ensure that issues are dealt with promptly and effectively and that the relevant information is properly communicated to those who require it.
You will be required to have the following essential skills:
- Diploma of the College of Radiographers or BSc in Radiography.
- HPC registration.
- Strong proven post qualification experience
- Good range of General Radiographic experience
- Knowledge of PACS / CRIS systems
- Excellent communication, organisational and supervisory skills
- Confidence to work single handed
Please view the attached role profile for full details and qualifications required. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced CRB check
Please note: This vacancy qualifies for the Refer a Friend Scheme.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form by clicking the 'Apply now' button below.
Closing date 21st October 2012