This job is no longer available
Position: Nursing and Clinical Services Team Leader
Sector: NHS Treatment Centre
Salary: Band 6 - 7
Hours: Full time, permanent
Our client is a leading edge UK based Independent healthcare company providing healthcare to both NHS and private patients. Their treatment centres specialise in orthopaedics, general surgery, endoscopy, ophthalmology and diagnostic imaging, providing services of the highest professional standards demonstrated by their outstanding clinical results and first class patient experience. This treatment centre opened in 2009 and offers a state-of-the-art, surgical day-case facility, with free on site parking.
The company employs over 400 clinicians and support staff at all of its locations in the south West and has treated over 45,000 NHS patients to date.
Purpose of the role:
Actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in all departments. To provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the clinical teams to ensure the provision of high quality care to patients.
Function as an expert clinical practitioner within the clinical area of responsibility. To be responsible for the delivery of patient care, managing, leading, co-ordinating and overseeing clinical practice for all clinical services. Ensuring staff compliance in order to meet all required regulatory standards.
Work in partnership with all stakeholders relevant to the area of clinical responsibility and patient pathway to develop and bring innovation to the treatment centres, ensuring effective communication in which high quality cost effective services are delivered and where creativity, innovation and staff development all underpin the approach to managing the clinical area in which each member of staff is recognised and valued.
Work collaboratively with other Heads of Departments to develop clinical services, ensure standardisation and dissemination of best practice and establishing all clinical departments as a centre of excellence within the UK that will be a national model.
Support the Registered Manager to achieve all regulated outcomes.
The role has Clinical, Managerial, Educational / Professional Development responsibilities for overseeing all aspects of Outpatients, Patient experience coordination, PACU, Operating Theatre (including Endoscopy) Service in Devizes Treatment Centre.
- Deputise for the Registered Manager in his absence
- Work with all members of the multi professional team to develop services that meet organisational and contractual requirements and company performance targets to ensure the effective provision of all aspects of clinical care. Delivering optimum quality care to the client group, and for all areas of responsibility
- Effectively lead, motivate, supervise and direct staff
- Lead the risk management for all areas of responsibility ensuring that risk assessments are completed and promoting staff awareness of all policies and procedures pertaining to Health and Safety and COSHH and all regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance in meeting the Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulatory standards and outcomes and those of NHSLA
- Ensure that maximum usage of available resource is always maintained by utilising agreed operational strategies to facilitate appropriate admissions, and timely discharge to meet the required activity levels
- Ensure that equipment is commissioned and maintained in safe working order
- Work with the Registered Manager to ensure an appropriate managerial and professional infrastructure is in place to support the delivery of services and functional requirements within the department which are in line with corporate objectives
- Contribute and influence the total patient experience and journey through collaborative working and effective communications with all members of the multi disciplinary team
- Be a point of contact through being a visible, accessible and assertive figure to whom patients, relatives and staff can turn for assistance, advice and support. Ensuring prompt & proactive action to prevent & resolve the concerns of patients and their families. To include investigation and drafting response to any formal complaints
- Ensure that accidents/incidents and complaints are correctly dealt with and fully documented and promptly inform all relevant personnel of the details of any of these events in accordance with company policy
- Assist the Registered Manager with interviewing and selection of new staff, being actively involved in the orientation and development of all staff
- Actively contribute to the general management team of the Devizes Treatment Centre
- Be responsible to the Registered Manager for the planning and allocation and day-to-day management of labour of resources and staffing models
- Attend necessary clinical meetings on and off site, clinical Heads of Department, Theatre Utilisation group, consumables meeting, CQC review and CSSD
- Provide leadership to all the nursing & clinical staff
- Maintain accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alert medical staff when required
- Ensure the supervision of work of junior and unqualified colleagues in the assessment of patients and advise appropriately, providing specialist knowledge in assessing and interpreting acute and other patients conditions
- Plan ways to solve/identify problems within the department and implement solutions in collaboration with other leads
- Assist in ensuring that the departments are at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment, which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Satisfactory Occupational Health clearance for the role specified
- Good attendance record
- Have an appropriate satisfactory CRB clearance
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Teaching Qualification (or willingness to undertake)
- Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB 83/182/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
- 2 years experience at Band 6 or equivalent
- Clinical experience in either Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery
- Acute care experience
- Recovery experience
- Experience in a lead role
- Evidence of ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding and commitment to IPR (Individual Performance Review)
- Ability to plan and prioritise own and others workload when under pressure
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to manage others and provide leadership and support
- Self motivated
- Commitment to own personal development
- Degree or equivalent
- Management course/study days
- Day surgery unit experience
- Independent Sector experience
- Knowledge/Experience of clinical supervision
- Knowledge of change management theory
- Research/audit skills
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453