This job is no longer available
HCL Permanent require a neurosurgical staff nurse to work in a leading NHS Trust based in Oxford. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work in one of the largest acute teaching trusts in the UK, with a national and international reputation for the excellence of its services and its role in teaching and research.
Key responsibilities are to:
- To deliver highly specialised care to neurosciences patients to a high standard.
- To work with support, within a multi-disciplinary team to provide continuing care to a specified group of patients from admission to discharge.
- To supervise and teach junior members of staff and learners as appropriate.
- To maintain own personal development with support.
- To be a safe and effective practitioner able to provide high quality nursing care to patients and support to relatives.
- Experience within a neuro setting.
- Mentorship course is desirable.
- Interest to develop knowledge of the clinical specialty of neurosciences and develop practice.
- Experience of patients requiring respiratory support.
- Demonstrate competency in caring for patients within a level 2 environment.
- Hospital accommodation is available.
- 27 days holiday per year, plus bank/ public holidays.
- Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme which provides an excellent package of index linked pension and life assurance benefits.
- Support for personal and professional development through the provision of internal training courses and also through assistance with external course fees and paid study leave.
- Up to 26 weeks paid and up to 26 weeks unpaid maternity leave.
- 10 days paternity leave.
- Job share and part time working.
- Career breaks.
- A generous occupational sick pay scheme which provides up to 6 months full pay and six months half pay.
Applicants must be a Registered Nurse and possess valid NMC registration together with at least 6 months neuro experience or 2 years general surgical/ medical experience.
For further information on this position or others in your area please contact Lizzie at HCL Permanent on 0207 861 8950 or email Elizabeth.email@example.com