This job is no longer available
HCL Permanent require Band 5 Neuro ICU Staff Nurses for an established NHS Trust based in Oxford. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work in one of the largest acute teaching trusts in the UK, with a national and international reputation for the excellence of its services and its role in teaching and research.
· To work as part of a team of qualified nurses, healthcare assistants and clerical staff.
· To be responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for a defined group of patients.
· To work without supervision.
· To ensure that high standards of adult patient care within ICU are maintained at all times in accordance with the hospital and national guidelines.
· Working within a designated team reporting to the neuro ICU Manager.
· Each team is responsible under the guidance of the Ward Manager for a defined group of patients
- NMC registered
- HDU/ ICU experience essential
- ICU course preferable
- UK experience preferable
- Neuro ICU experience preferable
- Working towards Mentorship Course
- Desire to progress rapidly within a supportive environment
- Hospital accommodation is available.
- 27 days holiday per year, plus bank/ public holidays.
- Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme which provides an excellent package of index linked pension and life assurance benefits.
- Support for personal and professional development through the provision of internal training courses and also through assistance with external course fees and paid study leave.
- Up to 26 weeks paid and up to 26 weeks unpaid maternity leave.
- 10 days paternity leave.
- Job share and part time working.
- Career breaks.
- A generous occupational sick pay scheme which provides up to 6 months full pay and six months half pay.
For further information on this position or others in your area please contact Lizzie at HCL Permanent on 0207 861 8950 or email Elizabeth.email@example.com