This job is no longer available
Position: Prison Nurse (RGN)
Salary: £31,000 - £32,000
Location: Greater Manchester
Hours: Full time, 3 long days a week
Our client is a male only prison and is one of the largest in the UK. The Healthcare Unit at the prison has a 20-bed in-patient facility, with a 24 hour nursing care service.
We are looking to recruit a full time, permanent Nurse to work within the prison. It is not essential that you have worked within a prison setting before, however, we are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest to work in this area and who have experience of working wihtin a fast paced, acute setting.
Closing date: 8th October 2012. Interview will be held shortly after this date, therefore applications received after this date will not be considered.
Reporting to the Healthcare Manager you will work within the Primary Care Team, to deliver a comprehensive range of needs based health care services to adult and young offenders residing within the prison. Services will achieve equivalence with health care services provided in primary care by the NHS
- Assist in the promotion, monitoring and development of evidence based primary health care services, and monitor the work of others providing services to the population
- Maintain clinical credibility in order remain updated and influence the practice of others
- Attend meetings associated with your area of responsibility and in the absence of or at the request of the HCC Manager
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop professionally and contribute to the delivery of the NSFs to the practice population
- Promote and support multidisciplinary and interagency working throughout the delivery of healthcare, understanding the contribution of others in the wider prison system
- Assist the Health Care Manager in the development, implementation, of policies and standards and procedures
- Administer medications as prescribed according to NMC guidelines
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Governance and quality assurance
- Support the continuous personal development and training of all healthcare staff and others including prison officers
- Participate in clinical supervision
- Initiate and participate in research and clinical audit ensure compliance with prison healthcare and NSF standards
Qualifications / Experience·
- Current NMC registration
- 12 months post-registration experience
- Evidence of professional development
- Non-judgmental approach towards all individuals
- Flexibility to work shift patterns on a 24-hour rotational basis in response to the needs of the prison
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to priorities and meet goals with tight deadlines
- Maintain registration and abide by regulations, rules, and codes of conduct of the NMC.
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453