This job is no longer available
Outstanding opportunity for a forward-thinking, innovative and motivated Ward Manager to join one of the UK’s leading independent private healthcare organisation. The hospital is located in West Yorkshire and provides a number of services from daycare to major surgery and general medical care.
As a key member of the Senior Clinical Team, the Ward Manager will be integral to the development of the strategic vision and plan for the hospital, as well as accountable for delivery of customer and financial results for the Inpatient Ward, Day Surgery Ward and High Dependency Unit.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of leading and developing high performing teams to enhance patient care and customer experience, whilst facilitating the best possible clinical outcomes. A commitment to the development of high quality evidence based acute care is essential, combined with the tenacity and passion required to drive success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Reporting to the Hospital Matron, the Ward Manager will:-
- Provide leadership for Wards and High Dependency Unit staff
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders e.g. Consultants, Care Quality Commission and Local Trust
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of the clinical nursing teams to comply with effective action plans for continuous improvement
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicator targets are achieved by Ward and HDU staff
- Provide effective deployment of resources needed to sustain agreed activity levels
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of clinical records
- Lead the clinical departments in complying with all statutory and the organisations quality standards
- Lead clinically based projects to support the development of the hospital services and specialities
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A strong clinical background in Ward nursing (RGN)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Immediate Life Support
· ALERT / AIM qualification
· ENB 998 or equivalent
· Diploma/degree in a health related subject
- A “Customer first” approach and genuine commitment to Customer care.
- A strong track record and evidence of delivering a change agenda to enhance quality and efficiency and develop clinical services
- Significant exposure in a senior clinical role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, and the broader health care community
- A strong track record in leading and developing a successful, efficient team and being part of that team
- Experience and confidence in effectively managing finances and budgets
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of ongoing professional development
Other areas which are desirable are experience working in the Independent sector, experience in developing clinical pathways, experience in high dependency nursing and experience as a Senior Sister or equivalent.
An attractive benefits package awaits the successful applicant, including excellent salary circa of £38k - £40k per annum (plus enhancements for unsocial hours and on-call) and a competitive benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave, a Contributory Pension scheme, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, ongoing training and development and free parking /subsidised staff restaurant.
For further details and to discuss your specific employment requirements in more detail, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on tel. 07825 000064 or email your CV directly to email@example.com
Alternatively, to apply on-line, please click on the link.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK NEED APPLY.