This job is no longer available
Theatre Anaesthetics/Scrub Practitioner
Southend Private Hospital - Westcliff on Sea - Essex
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
BMI Healthcare’s Southend hospital has a vacancy for a Theatre Anaesthetics/Scrub Practitioner in Southend.
BMI Healthcare is the largest private hospital group in the UK. Our focus is on delivering excellence in clinical care across our 70 hospitals throughout the United Kingdom.
· To provide care based on sound knowledge and current research findings
· Act as a surgical assistant to surgeons within the BMI policy guidelines
· To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for total nursing care for designated theatre list.
· Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness.
· Promote a patient centred style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care.
· Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
· To abide by NMC Code of Conduct at all times and practice within the NMC Scope of Professional Practice, adhering to Company/Hospital policies and procedures.
· Participate in creating an environment in which clinical practice is developed and disseminated in conjunction with the Senior Theatre Practitioner and Development Team.
· Demonstrate advanced specialist skills/knowledge and expertise in clinical practice in designated area. (Anaesthetics or “Scrub”)
· Participate in setting standards of patient care within the department, promoting and take part in the Audit process for continued best practice.
· Participate in setting, monitoring and maintaining quality nursing/ODP care set for the department.
· In collaboration with clinicians and colleagues contribute to the development of relevant integrated care pathways.
· Liaise with Occupational Health and the Human Resource departments as required. Participating in the recruitment and retention of staff.
· Participate in ensuring that all staff undertakes mandatory training updates in accordance with BMI policy.
· Report accidents/incidents timely and assist in their investigation as per BMI policy, and investigate complaints and write reports as required via Sentinel reporting.
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.
Closing date 30/09/2012