This job is no longer available
Excellent opportunity for a Ward Manager to join one of the leading Private Healthcare organisations. The Private Hospital based in Lancashire consists of 3 Theatres and 20 Inpatient beds.
· To assess plan, implement and evaluate individual programmes of nursing care based on agreed models of care, pathways and in consideration of individual needs and delegating effectively to others when required.
· Organise method of care delivery within the departments, allocating, prioritising and delegating effectively.
· Respond to capacity and patient dependency requirements.
· Maintain knowledge of new developments in nursing and ensure accurate dissemination.
· To be an effective practitioner with the ability to demonstrate clinical expertise in the care of patients. Undertake certain extended role duties according to Hospital policy and scope of practice
· To monitor, maintain and regularly review acceptable standards of care in conjunction with audit programmes and other members of the Hospital team.
Managerial and Human Resources
· Human resource management of the Ward including absence management, staff well being, recruitment activities and performance management in accordance with the hospital group’s behaviours framework
· Ensure the economical use of all Ward department resources
· Co-ordinate the nursing activity within the clinical setting, ensuring that there is an appropriate skill mix for the patient caseload and in line with the labour standard
· Achieve KPI in line with budgetary targets
· Overall Management responsibility for department during span of duty, which will include the supervision of junior staff, prioritising and delegating activities as appropriate
· Establish and maintain effective communication systems at through out the departments, disseminating information in reference to operational procedures and developments
· Participating in Clinical On call rota
· Knowledge of NMC code
· Knowledge of infection control
· Knowledge of Quality assurance tools
· Strong leader and effective manager
· Fair and consistent
· Able to communicate well
· Industrious and committed to the achievement of the business goal
· Honest / transparent in all business activities
· Structured and disciplined in approach to planning and operational issues
· Able to meet deadlines
· An understanding of billing and revenue capture within all departments
· Confident , independent decision maker
· Able to relate to customers well and achieve desired outcomes
· Able to accept constructive criticism
· Systems aware and computer literate
· Flexible and adaptable
· Numerate, able to analyse and evaluate data to control performance
· Able to demonstrate credibility with healthcare professionals
· Proven team player
· Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues to achieve objectives
· Able to motivate, support and develop staff so they contribute to the Hospitals’ business goal
· Special interest in IPC is beneficial but not essential.
An attractive benefits package awaits the successful applicant, including excellent salary of up to £35k per annum and a competitive benefits package.
For further details and to discuss your specific employment requirements in more detail, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on tel. 07825 000064 or email your CV directly to email@example.com
Alternatively, to apply on-line, please click on the link.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK NEED APPLY.
The ideal candidate will lead and manage the delivery of the Inpatient services on a day to day basis, ensuring quality clinical and customer care at all times.