This job is no longer available
Position: Ward Manager
Sector: Private Sector
Salary: £35,000 plus company benefits
Hours: Full time, permanent
The Hospital is part of a Leading Independent Group of hospitals who have hospitals and clinics situated through the UK.
The Hospital has 20 rooms all offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has three operating suites, including one specifically designed for orthopaedic surgery.
These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable their consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery.
Our client has an opportunity for a Ward Manager, reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, you will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of the Inpatient Services on a day to day basis, ensuring quality clinical and customer care at all times. Responsible for Senior Staff Nurses, Ward Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Ward Clerks.
- To assess plan, implement and evaluate individual programmes of nursing care based on agreed models of care, pathways and in consideration of individual needs and delegating effectively to others when required.
- Organise method of care delivery within the departments, allocating, prioritising and delegating effectively
- Respond to capacity and patient dependency requirements
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in nursing and ensure accurate dissemination
- To be an effective practitioner with the ability to demonstrate clinical expertise in the care of patients. Undertake certain extended role duties according to Hospital policy and scope of practice
- To monitor, maintain and regularly review acceptable standards of care in conjunction with audit programmes and other members of the Hospital team.
Managerial and Human Resources
- Human resource management of the Ward including absence management, staff well being, recruitment activities and performance management in accordance with the companies behaviours framework
- Ensure the economical use of all Ward department resources
- Co-ordinate the nursing activity within the clinical setting, ensuring that there is an appropriate skill mix for the patient caseload and in line with the labour standard
- Achieve KPI in line with budgetary targets
- Overall Management responsibility for department during span of duty, which will include the supervision of junior staff, prioritising and delegating activities as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective communication systems at through out the departments, disseminating information in reference to operational procedures and developments
- Participating in Clinical On call rota
- Knowledge of NMC code
- Knowledge of infection control
- Knowledge of Quality assurance tools
- Strong leader and effective manager
- Fair and consistent
- Able to communicate well
- Industrious and committed to the achievement of the business goal
- Honest / transparent in all business activities
- Structured and disciplined in approach to planning and operational issues
- Able to meet deadlines
- An understanding of billing and revenue capture within all departments
- Confident, independent decision maker
- Able to relate to customers well and achieve desired outcomes
- Able to accept constructive criticism
- Systems aware and computer literate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Numerate, able to analyse and evaluate data to control performance
- Able to demonstrate credibility with healthcare professionals
- Proven team player
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Able to motivate, support and develop staff so they contribute to the Hospitals’ business goal
- In return for your expertise, our client is able to offer a highly attractive salary and benefits package and exceptional career development prospects
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
In 2010, for the second year running, PULSE was named Staffing Agency of the Year by the respected industry publication, Health Investor.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453