This job is no longer available
Nurse Manager - Special Procedures Unit (Endoscopy and Minor procedures)
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare ,based in the UK, are recruiting for our esteemed client, based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase, the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital, that will provide world class, patient-focused, clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern, all-digital facility.
The Special Procedures unit will have a total of 7 procedure rooms to accommodate the Gastroenterology, Hepatobiliary, Pulmonology, Oncology, Dental, Plastic, ENT and General Surgery faculties. The Unit will provide routine screening, diagnostic, therapeutic and minor medical and surgical procedures for pediatric patients, both inpatient and outpatient. The Unit will treat patients with upper and lower gastrointestinal, pancreatic, hepatobiliary, pulmonary and urological disorders using a variety of specialized endoscopic and radiographic examinations. Other conditions that require minor, minimally invasive surgical / medical intervention are also carried out in the Special Procedures Unit.
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Manager, Special Procedures, is responsible for the evaluation, direction, and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the Special Procedures Unit (endoscopy and minor procedures), and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
There will be 26 staff directly reporting to the Manager including Charge Nurses, Clinical Nurse Leaders, Technicians, Staff Nurses and Patient Care Partners.
- Master's in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current Nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive management experience in Endoscopy within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Endoscopy standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and ordersets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for TJC, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
All applications for this position must be submitted before September 30th, 2012. Please contact Elliott Prince on 02476 555000 or email to email@example.com