This job is no longer available
HCL Permanent require an experienced PICU Nurse for an established unit based at a prestigious hospital in Central London.
- To work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic family centred care to the children and families.
- Ability to promote family centred care and establish good relationships with children and their families.
- To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To be able to take charge of the ward in the absence of senior nursing staff.
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult/ RN Child/ RSCN)
- Assessing & Mentoring qualification preferred
- Relevant courses/ experience in PICU
- Evidence of ongoing professional development linked to demonstrable competencies
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care for the children and their families.
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise other staff in this activity.
- To ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- To act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To start planning discharges from admission, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care.
- To be competent in the administration of medication.
- To ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
For further information on this position or others in your area please contact Lizzie at HCL Permanent on 0207 861 8950 or email Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org