This job is no longer available
Research Nurse/Clinical Study Co-ordinator
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) currently has an opportunity for a Research Nurse/Clinical Study Co-ordinator to work at their site in Cambridge.
At GSK, one of the world’s leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.
- Nursing degree with experience in an acute clinical area preferred (ICU/CCU, A&E/ECU )
- Experience in conduct of early phase clinical trials
- Working knowledge of ICH Good Clinical Practice guidelines
- Current industrial / CRO experience/ Trust / Academic Research
- A working knowledge of the process of study set up including the clinical conduct phase
The Clinical Unit Cambridge (CUC) is located at Addenbrooke’s Hospital and undertakes Phase 1, Experimental Medicine and Collaborative Clinical Studies applying them to drug discovery and development in order to accelerate the introduction of new pharmaceuticals for the treatment of disease.
The main role of the Research Nurse/Clinical Study Co-dordinator is to facilitate the conduct of in-house studies across a range of therapeutic areas, coordinating planning, undertaking nursing, clinical and administrative study activities in accordance with current Regulatory, ethical and ICH GCP standards and requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- participation in study meetings
- conducting specific clinical monitoring techniques, assessments and sample collections in accordance with defined study protocols
- administering nursing care to all subjects ensuring their safety and well being
- supervision and training of clinical staff and bank nurses to ensure efficient delivery of the study within regulatory frameworks including accurate and timely data collection.
- collection of study data via electronic data capture (eDC) system
- responsibility for the integrity of all data collected during the clinical phase of studies
- contributing to the development, design and implementation of all nursing/medical operational procedures.
You will be required to work a shift pattern where necessary in order to cover the required time points for sample collection and to perform patient care and clinical assessments as you would expect for these types of studies.
As part of your ongoing development you will be expected to maintain your nursing skills, up to date clinical knowledge and ALS or ILS certification.
Please use your cover letter to address how you meet the requirements for this role. The information you provide in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date for applications: 14th September 2012
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK’s online application system by clicking on the Apply button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.