This job is no longer available
Nurse Manager - Medical Day Care
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare based in the UK are recruiting for our esteemed client based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital that will provide world class patient-focused clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern all-digital facility.
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Nurse Manager Medical Day Care is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to Medical Day Care and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and ensures effective and efficient patient flow.
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, nursing diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care.
- Evaluates and ensures that individualized discharge planning needs are assessed on admission.
- Evaluates and ensures a multi disciplinary approach to facilitate efficient and timely discharge/or transfer process to the next level of care or home.
- Manages Medical Day Care budgets and ensures that patient services are provided in a timely, efficient manner by utilizing the resources (manpower, material and equipment) of the unit.
- Ensures that patient services are provided in accordance with established standards of nursing care, policies, guidelines and protocols of Sidra and the State of Qatar.
- Analyzes processes and ensures staffing ratios and patient assignments are reflective of patient census, acuity, level of education and capabilities of staff.
- Develops and implements new programs, unit specific policies and procedures and long range plans to meet department objectives.
- Master's in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current Nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive nursing management experience in Medical Day Care within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use search engines and data bases for internet research
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Medical Day Care standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and ordersets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for TJC, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
All applications for this position must be submitted before September 30th, 2012. Please contact Elliott Prince on 02476 555000 or email to email@example.com