This job is no longer available
Nurse Manager - Post Anaesthesia Care Unit
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare based in the UK are recruiting for our esteemed client based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital that will provide world class patient-focused clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern all-digital facility.
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Manager - Post Anaesthesia Care Unit is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the PACU and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
The 28 bed Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) will provide Phase I recovery for paediatric patients and gynaecological care for women on an urgent/emergent basis. The unit will provide continuous intensive monitoring, observation and care following interventional or operative procedures for which an anaesthetic or sedation has been administered. A dedicated paediatric area will promote Sidra’s family-centred philosophy encouraging parents’ participation in their child’s recovery. Neonates may be recovered in PACU or be transferred to NICU directly from the OR depending on patient acuity, condition and at the discretion of the Anaesthesiologist/Surgeon.
- Master's in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current Nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive nursing management experience in Post Anaesthesia Care within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use search engines and data bases for internet research
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established PACU standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and ordersets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for TJC, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
All applications for this position must be submitted before September 30th, 2012. Please contact Elliott Prince on 02476 555000 or email to email@example.com