This job is no longer available
Sidra Medical and Research Centre is a pioneering facility due to open in 2013 in Doha, Qatar. Specialising in women’s and children’s healthcare; Sidra is at the forefront of research, education and innovation.
The Maternal Special Care Unit will be 5 inpatient beds providing care to all women with a complex or high risk diagnosis requiring delivery or stabilization and immediately delivered women in unstable condition including those undergoing gynaecological surgeries at Sidra.
Reporting to the Director Women's Services, the Manager, Birthing Centre II and Maternal Special Care, administers, directs, coordinates and evaluates patient care associated with the clinical activities of the Birthing Centre II and Maternal Special Care unit and is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of policies and procedures in these areas, The Manager, Birthing Centre II and Maternal Special Care is responsible for the direction and evaluation of patient care delivery in collaboration with physician advisors, support services, IT services and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Masters in Nursing
- Current nursing license
- Minimum of 3 years Labour and Delivery Services Management experience within a western academic medical centre
- Experience with clinical Information systems either as an end user, super user or build contributor.
- Current NRP, ACLS Certification.
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Post graduate qualification in Midwifery, or Obstetric or Neonatal nursing
- Familiarity with JCAHO, JCI and other accreditation organizations.
Benefits- Tax free salary/ Healthcare & Dental Insurance/ Housing/ Utilities/ Transportation/ Education allowance/ bonuses & awards/ paid annual leave & public holiday/ annual airfare allowance/ mobilisation & repatriation airfare/ professional development opportunities.
A full job description is available upon request.