This job is no longer available
Sidra Medical and Research Centre is a pioneering facility due to open in 2013 in Doha, Qatar. Specialising in women’s and children’s healthcare; Sidra is at the forefront of research, education and innovation.
Sidra’s PICU will be a 24 bed unit providing world-class medical and nursing care to all patients ranging from 0 - 18 years of age with life-threatening or unstable conditions requiring critical care medicine.
Reporting to the Director of Children's Services, the Manager Paediatric ICU administers and coordinates planning activities of the Paediatric ICU and is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of policies and procedures in this area. The Manager, Paediatric ICU is responsible for the direction and evaluation of patient care delivery and maintains the project and operational planning aspects of the Paediatric ICU in collaboration with other service areas and ensures that recruiting, commissioning, on boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with project plans and timelines and which may extend into hospital operations.
- Master’s in Nursing
- RN Licensure
- Minimum of 3 years experience as nurse manager of a Paediatric ICU within a western Academic Medical Centre
- Current certification as a provider for BLS, PALS and ACLS
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Experience with clinical Information systems either as an end user, super user or build contributor
- Experience in the planning and implementation of high risk paediatric transport
- Strong demonstrated experience successfully managing a team
- Strong group presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with JCAHO, JCI and other accreditation organizations
Benefits- Tax free salary/ Healthcare & Dental Insurance/ Housing/ Utilities/ Transportation/ Education allowance/ bonuses & awards/ paid annual leave & public holiday/ annual airfare allowance/ mobilisation & repatriation airfare/ professional development opportunities.
A full job description is available upon request.