This job is no longer available
Sidra Medical and Research Centre is a pioneering facility due to open in 2013 in Doha, Qatar. Specialising in women’s and children’s healthcare; Sidra is at the forefront of research, education and innovation.
Sidra's Day Procedure Unit will be a patient care, research and teaching unit of 53 patient spaces in which world class service will be provided in a culturally sensitive manner to adult and paediatric patients both before and after their planned procedure. There will be a strong focus on patient and family education using various media to enhance learning. The unit will provide care to Obstetric, Gynaecological and Paediatric patients.
Summary Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Manager - Day Procedure, is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to Day Procedure Unit and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, on boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
- Master's in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current Nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive nursing management experience in Day Procedure within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Day Procedure standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and order sets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for TJC, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Tax free salary/ Healthcare & Dental Insurance/ Housing/ Utilities/ Transportation/ Education allowance/ bonuses & awards/ paid annual leave & public holiday/ annual airfare allowance/ mobilisation & repatriation airfare/ professional development opportunities.
A full job description is available upon request.