This job is no longer available
Sidra Medical and Research Centre is a pioneering facility due to open in 2013 in Doha, Qatar. Specialising in women’s and children’s healthcare; Sidra is at the forefront of research, education and innovation.
Sidra’s 28 beds Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) will provide Phase I recovery for paediatric patients and gynaecological care for women on an urgent/emergent basis. The unit will provide continuous intensive monitoring, observation and care following interventional or operative procedures for which an anaesthetic or sedation has been administered.
Summary- Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Manager - Post Anaesthesia Care Unit is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the PACU and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, on boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
- Master's in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current Nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive nursing management experience in Post Anaesthesia Care within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established PACU standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and order sets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for TJC, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Tax free salary/ Healthcare & Dental Insurance/ Housing/ Utilities/ Transportation/ Education allowance/ bonuses & awards/ paid annual leave & public holiday/ annual airfare allowance/ mobilisation & repatriation airfare/ professional development opportunities.
Note- A full job description is available upon request.