This job is no longer available
Sidra Medical and Research Centre is a pioneering facility due to open in 2013 in Doha, Qatar. Specialising in women’s and children’s healthcare; Sidra is at the forefront of research, education and innovation.
Sidra's General Surgical Paediatrics will be a 44 bed ward providing care for males and females from birth up to the age of 18 years who require general or urological surgery. Summary Reporting to the Director of Children's Nursing Services, the Manager - General Surgical Paediatrics, is responsible for the evaluation, direction, and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the General Surgical Paediatrics Unit. Ensures that recruiting, commissioning, on boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
- Master’s in Nursing or a Healthcare related field
- Registered Nurse
- Current nursing licensure
- At least 7 years progressive management experience in general Paediatric Surgery nursing within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand
- Current certification as a BLS provider
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Paediatric General Surgical standards of care and to apply these standards of care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines and order sets, and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for JCAHO, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Tax free salary/ Healthcare & Dental Insurance/ Housing/ Utilities/ Transportation/ Education allowance/ bonuses & awards/ paid annual leave & public holiday/ annual airfare allowance/ mobilisation & repatriation airfare/ professional development opportunities.
Note- A full job description is available upon request.