This job is no longer available
Clinical Nurse Leaders x 3 for Paediatric Operating Rooms (Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, General Minimally Invasive Surgery)
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare based in the UK are recruiting for our esteemed client based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital that will provide world class patient-focused clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern all-digital facility.
Reporting to the Manager Perioperative Services, the Clinical Nurse Leader Operating Rooms will supervise and coordinate the activities of their assigned surgical service and also provide clinical leadership to a set team of staff nurses through direct oversight of their daily practice. Modelling excellence in the three core areas of clinical practice, education and research.
The Operating Rooms will provide world class, state-of-the-art intra-operative care for paediatrics, obstetrics, & gynaecology patients requiring surgical intervention. The Suite will consist of 12 ORs and one Interventional OR within the Interventional MRI Suite. Two of the 12 rooms are configured for cardiac surgery. All ORs will be digitally integrated to accommodate the vastly increasing pool of surgical procedures eligible for open, endoscopic, and minimally invasive approaches.
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
· Registered Nurse
· Current nursing licensure
· At least 2 years experience as a charge nurse or clinical nurse leader in Perioperative Services within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand
· Expertise as an OR nurse in one of the following Paediatric surgeries: Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, or General Minimally Invasive Surgery
· Current international computer drivers license (ICDL)
· Current certifications as a BLS, PALS, ACLS and ILS provider
· Experience with Clinical Information systems either as an end user, super user or build contributor
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
· Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
· Ability to access, critique, and analyze information sources
· Ability to synthesize data, information and knowledge on client outcomes and modify interventions to improve health care outcomes
· Ability to integrate knowledge and skills acquired throughout the didactic and clinical education experiences
· Ability to teach, assess and develop educational materials for staff and patients
· Ability to design, coordinate and evaluate plans of care
· Ability to use risk analysis tools to anticipate risks to client safety
· Ability to delegate, supervise and evaluate the performance of nursing interventions
· Demonstrates excellence with communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage group processes to meet care objectives and complete health care team responsibilities
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Master's Degree in Nursing
· A post graduate qualification and certification in perioperative nursing, e.g. Certified Nurse of Operating Room (CNOR) by Certifying Board of AORN
All applications for this position must be submitted before September 30th, 2012. Please contact Elliott Prince on 02476 555000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org