This job is no longer available
Senior Cardiology Physiologist
The Clementine Churchill Hospital - Harrow - Middlesex
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
At BMI Healthcare, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. So whether you’re a nurse, an accountant or a chef, you’ll play a defining role. We’re the UK’s largest private healthcare company, and host over 1 million outpatient visits a year. If you’d like to be a part of something exceptional, we now have an opportunity for
A SENIOR CARDIOLOGY PHYSIOLOGIST TO JOIN US AT OUR CLEMENTINE CHURCHILL HOSPITAL IN EDGWARE, MIDDLESEX
· Performing to the agreed department standards, all types of non-invasive tests offered by the cardiology technician.
· Practice technical and proficient protection and observe “local rules” and systems of work.
· Good patient care and understanding of patient needs and limitations.
· Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
· Following accurately the administration and registration procedures for patients and tests
· Ensuring that tests are conducted with the minimum amount of risk.
· Advising the Manager of equipment faults and any legal and safety aspects that may come to your attention.
· Practice and observe all company, hospital and cardiology department policies and procedures. This includes health and safety, fire, COSHH, and Manual handling
· Report any hazards or incidents and participate in risk assessments.
· Ensure cost effective use of consumables and the need for cost efficiency generally.
· Ensure that his/her knowledge of technical and professional matters is up to date (training).
· Maintain a high professional conduct and standard at all times and observe strict confidentiality.
· To provide support, guidance and assistance to others as required.
· Liaising with Consultant Cardiologists and their secretaries.
· Accurate keeping of all necessary records, including making patient bookings.
· Proficient in basic life support techniques (or training will be given)
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Non-invasive and invasive cardiology technical skills.
· Recognition of abnormalities during test procedures and the actions to be taken.
· Good organizational communication and interpersonal skills.
· Health and Safety Knowledge.
· Basic and advanced life support skills.
· Meeting agreed objectives at performance reviews.
· Good communication skills.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
Closing date 17/08/2012