This job is no longer available
· To contribute to the growth and success of the Company, by assisting in the development of a high quality management home care service.
· Participating in setting and maintaining standards of professional competence and current nursing practices. This will require and understanding of NMC Code of Practice.
· Ensuring that all relevant information regarding patients/ clients recorded, reported and, where necessary, acted upon to communicate any changes to the Consultant/GP and other team members as appropriate.
· Co-ordinating and ensuring that all aspects of care for assigned groups of clients are met, through the monitoring of follow up client visits, according to the care plan.
· Assisting the referring Consultant and hospital in planning a smooth transition of patient care from the hospital to the home.
· Participating in quality assurance initiatives, including team clinical supervision.
· Maintaining supplies (stock control) and ensuring equipment is maintained in good working order.
· Co-ordinating and managing his/her daily workload.
· Devising a plan of care suitable to the clients needs.
· Assisting with the planning of programmes of education – both induction programmes and national study days.
· Attending and contributing to appropriate conferences, tutorials, study and induction days.
· Maintaining own professional profile in relation to PREP and attending post – basic courses/study days as agreed with Healthcare at Home to fulfil NMC requirements.
· Assisting the Regional Manager with the induction of newly appointed staff and bank nurses.
· Performing client/carer training in self – management of specified treatments
· Assisting in the development and marketing of specified Patient Support Programmes
· Having responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and others and complying at all times with requirements of Health and Safety regulations.
· Working at all times as part of the Healthcare at Home team and promoting Healthcare at Home at all times.
· Undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
· Being flexible with regard to working hours including on-call coverage and scheduled weekend and evening work.
· A current clean driving licence is essential.
· Along side Health Care Professionals (HCP) facilitate clinical delivery and assessment of patients to ensure maximum patient benefit
· Ongoing patient support to ensure maximum therapeutic patient benefit
· Provide support to patients through the combination of support programmes to include telephone, clinic-based and home visits
· Delivery of patient education and support
· Enhance patient treatment adherence to achieve optimum disease management
· Improve patient experience on treatment
· Deliver improved health outcomes
· Deliver independent support programmes to a high professional standard within secondary care
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with the patient, the client and NHS HCP
· RGN part 1 NMC Register (RSCN where appropriate).
· Experience in an acute care setting/relevant ENB post registration.
· ENB 998 of C&G 730 and/or teaching experience.
· Cannulation and phlebotomy skills desirable
· Experience in the care of IV devices and administration of IV therapies.
Personal Skills & Qualities:
· To be responsible, without supervision, for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care with an understanding of NMC Code of Practice.
· Ability to co-ordinate and communicate all aspects of care with the pharmacist, consultant and client.
· To assist in the planning and delivery of training programmes and maintaining supplies in good working order.
· To work as a flexible team member, showing interest and participation in understanding the business and industry at all times and to be responsible and compliant for Health and Safety Regulations of self and others.
· To be proactive and motivated responding positively to new challenges.
Planning and Organising
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is our practice to review all job descriptions regularly and update them where necessary to ensure that they are a true reflection of the job which is being done, or to incorporate changes where they are found to be inaccurate. This procedure is conducted jointly by the manager and the job holder.
You will therefore be expected to participate fully in such discussions with a view to reaching agreement on any changes felt to be necessary. If agreement is not possible, management reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description in line with your grade/level in the organisation, after consultation with you.
Healthcare at Home is an Equal Opportunities Employer.