This job is no longer available
Catheter Lab Nurse
The Alexandra Hospital, Mill Lane, Cheadle
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
There is currently a permanent, full time role at The Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle for a Catheter Lab Nurse, within the hospital's Cardiology Unit.
· To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the team.
· To promote and safeguard the well being and interests of all patients, colleagues and visitors.
· To provide scrub skills to Cardiologists as and when required.
· Provide support and assistance to the multi-disciplined team within the Cardiology unit.
· To assist Cardiologists and the cardiology team with arrhythmia services for patients attending the Alexandra Hospital.
· Be actively involved in scheduling of procedures, pre admission, pre and post procedural patient support.
· Assure the highest standard of nursing care as per Hospital guidelines.
· To assist in the development of the arrhythmia services for patient attending the Alexandra hospital
· Maintain clinical competencies
· Contribute to quality improvement
· Work closely with members of the cardiology team and services to maximise the provision of quality, seamless patient centred care for patients with a variety of cardiac rhythm disorders.
· Ability to multi-task and cope with constant change and interruptions
· To play an active role in the future development of cardiology services in accordance with the national service framework, NICE guidelines and local protocols.
· Respect the patients dignity, privacy, wished and beliefs
· Catheter Lab experience is desirable for this post.
Closing date 19/08/2012