This job is no longer available
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Oncology (Richmond Ward)
The Alexandra Hospital, Mill Lane, Cheadle
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
There is currently a permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week) Clinical Nurse Specialist - Oncology vacancy on the Richmond Ward at The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle.
· To work collaboratively with the Oncology CNM, Consultants, Pharmacist and ward staff to develop a quality service for cancer patients within the Alexandra.
· To work with the oncology CNM to develop and introduce new Oncology services
· Together with the Oncology CNM be responsible for the assessment of care needs and development and implementation of programmes of care for Oncology patients.
· Ensure networking with other BMI senior Oncology nurses by attending the BMI Oncology best practice forums.
· To provide professional advice to others (colleagues/other departments) on matters relating to Oncology care.
· To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care.
· To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, families, employees and visitors.
· To provide effective leadership and management of the Oncology services as part of the Oncology senior nursing team.
· Ensure a Multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
· To be committed to staff support and development training.
Closing date 27/08/2012