This job is no longer available
Location: The Lancaster Hospital, Meadowside, Lancaster
Functional Area: Clinical - Theatre
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Role type: Permanent, Full-time
At BMI Healthcare, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. So whether you’re a nurse, an accountant or a chef, you’ll play a defining role. We’re the UK’s largest private healthcare company, and host over 1 million outpatient visits a year. If you’d like to be a part of something exceptional, we now have an opportunity for a Deputy Theatre Manager to join us in Lancaster.
· Regularly coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the theatre manager in the management of the theatre team
· Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
· Deputise for the theatre manager.
· Assist in the delivery of patient care
· Contribute to quality improvement
· Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
· Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
· Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
· Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
· Participate in HR activities
· Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives.
· Clinical on call – no payment
· Support the Theatre manager in implementation of policy and sops
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to support and lead a department.
· Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
· Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
· An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
· Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
· External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
· ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
· Management qualification
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.
Closing date 12/08/2012