This job is no longer available
Senior Registered Nurse
Location: The Beaumont Hospital, Chorley New Road, Bolton
Functional Area Clinical: Nursing
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Role type: Permanent, Full-time
BMI Healthcare’s The Beaumont hospital has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse on the wards.
BMI Healthcare is the largest private hospital group in the UK. Our focus is on delivering excellence in clinical care across our 70 hospitals throughout the United Kingdom.
· The post holder is responsible and accountable for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care. You must be able to contribute to the smooth running of the unit through the acceptance of agreed additional responsibilities. Acting at all times within the Code of Professional Conduct, the scope of professional practice an all other guidance of the Nursing Midwifery Council.
· Perform comprehensive assessment of patients nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate care delivery as determined.
· Deal with complex situations as they arise. Analysing and making decision in relation to patient risk and care.
· To liaise, involve and communicate with the patient and their family in the planning and delivery of patient care.
· Comply with agreed nursing policies, procedures and protocols and ensure a high standard is maintained relating to all records and record keeping.
· Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs according to the controlled drug policy.
· Support colleagues and management to ensure communication with all users of the service is of a high standard.
· Address highly sensitive and complex care issues with patients and carers who may have physical/psychological/social/cultural barriers to communication.
· Ensure all adverse occurrences are reported and you are familiar with the correct process for carrying this out.
· To be innovative in the approach to care and proactively support the Senior Ward Sister in the development of practice and team workings.
· Support colleagues in other parts of the hospital to ensure all patients have a safe journey through care.
· To ensure own nursing practice is research based and that knowledge base is regularly update in support of professional practice.
· Be actively involved in theoretical and clinical teaching.
· Is competent in the use of specialised equipment.
· Ensure all equipment used is checked before use for cleanliness and is fit for purpose.
· Able to deal with and diffuse difficult behaviour on occasions where patients or their relatives feel angry and wish to complain.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Proven experience
· ENB 998
· Working toward degree.
· Ability to motivate and develop staff.
· High level communication and interpersonal skills.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
Closing date 12/08/2012