This job is no longer available
Nurse Manager - Obstetric Gynaecology Clinic
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare ,based in the UK, are recruiting for our esteemed client, based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase, the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital, that will provide world class, patient-focused, clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern, all-digital facility.
Reporting to the Director of Clinic Services, the Manager Obstetric Gynaecology Clinic, is responsible for the evaluation, direction and administration of patient care delivery and the staff assigned to the Obstetric Gynaecology Clinic and in the pre-operational phase ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with department and organization goals and objectives.
With a total of 41 patient spaces the clinic will provide consultation, diagnostic and follow up services for female patients with gynaecological disorders and pre and post partum care.
Services will include a centre for Perinatal Medicine offering outpatient aspects of expectant delivery and post natal care management, prenatal/genetic counselling, high risk screening program, foetal surgery, maternal foetal medicine and perinatal epidemiology. Gynaecological services will include low complexity gynaecological disorders and gynaecologic urogynaecology.
Direct Reports: Charge Nurses, Clinical Nurse Leaders, Staff Nurses and Patient Care Partners.
- Master’s in nursing or a healthcare field
- Registered nurse
- Current nursing licensure
- Current certification to provide BLS
- At least 7 years progressive management experience in OB/Gyn nursing within an Academic Medical Centre in North America, UK, Ireland, an EU State, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand
- Demonstrated clinical Obstetric and Gynaecologic experience within a Clinic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of established Obstetric and Gynaecologic Clinic Standards of Care
- Demonstrated ability to apply Obstetric and Gynaecologic Clinic Standards of Care to the analysis and development of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated experience with clinical Information systems, including staffing and scheduling systems, and time and attendance systems - either as an end user, super user or build contributor
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure unit readiness for JCAHO, JCI and/or other healthcare accreditation surveys
- Demonstrated group presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
All applications for this position must be submitted before 29th August, 2012. Please contact Elliott Prince on 02476 555000, or email to email@example.com